Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In The Lap of Death

Several years after I had recovered I was talking with someone and all of a sudden we KNEW each other. Not a word about weight had been said but something connected, something kind of in her eyes and mine. We stood in absolute silence and knew. Just staring. A deep, lonely something--all those good byes that make up so much of Anorexia saw each other. Ah, the kinship. Like Apache smoke signals. The silent code. We had laid our heads in the lap of Death--the sisterhood. We always know one of our own.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I have been so surprised to find out that such a handful of my friends had suffered with this back in college. It has brought a sense of intimacy even if we are not close friends and helps me to see that wholeness will come.

    ReplyDelete